FN/Browning model 1900 rifle in 35 Rem, hot loads?

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by kumpe, Feb 22, 2018.

1. kumpe

kumpe .410

Just closed the deal on a late model FN/Browning 1900 semiauto rifle in .35 Remington. Not too many of those on the market in Sweden, so it was a lucky find. In good condition too.
    Anyone here using this rifle?
    I plan to use it for driven hunts, so I'm gonna try to push the performance of the cartridge a bit for it to be suitable for all local big game, including moose. If anyone have any experience using somewhat hotter loads (including factory loads) in a 1900, I would appreciate any input I can get. Don't really know how far you can push one of these rifles without sacrificing safety or adding to much recoil for that matter...
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Kumpe,

Looks like you’ve got a rare rifle. Wikipedia says FN made less than 5000, compared to over 80,000 made by Remington.

I found this at Chuck Hawks website:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/35Rem.htm

Have fun!
    kumpe likes this.
  3. kumpe

kumpe .410

Thanks Rudolph31, I'm trying to read up as much as I can on this cartridge. Although it still seems to be fairly popular in the states, it's virtually non-existent here. Probably because its performance back in the day caused it to fall into a legal category that weren't legal for moose, elk and wild boar.

Got some help with the reloading questions over at the Rem. Model 8 forum, so I'm all set to start developing some loads once I get the rifle, which will take a while due to our weird gun laws.

Anyway, are there any other model 1900 owners here?