FN B25 Superposed researcher

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Anatidae, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Anatidae

Anatidae .270 WIN

Greetings fellow BrowninG owners.

I am but a 'little fish' in the collector World, but I am extremely passionate about the FN and Browning B25 Superposed.

Retired, I spend a lot of time researching the different engraving patterns, and their engravers. I do not claim to be an expert at anything, but I am certainly willing to share the benefit of my work with other folks.

I look forward to connecting with and learning from other like-minded aficionados, collectors (veteran and novice), and engravers who may be willing to share their knowledge and experience with me.

My screen name comes from "Great Day in the Morning" by Nash Buckingham......"Through lace-like boughs the heavens were a-twinkle with milling 'anatidae'." (Anatidae is a taxonomical designation for the family of ducks, geese and swans.)

Thank You in advance for your tolerance. "Happy Hunting"
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...we look forward to the sharing of your expertise.
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Welcome to the site, Stranger!
  4. Anatidae

Anatidae .270 WIN

Thanks for the welcome, to you both - 'just reaching-out as part of my continuing education.

'le petit poisson'
    (the 'little fish')
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  5. b igjedd1

b igjedd1 Copper BB

Anatidae is very interesting name. I googled it and found I think I have Anatidaephobia which is a fear that a duck is watching you.
    I fear that duck watches me and whenever I grab my 12 gauge to go duck hunting I reckon that duck tells all ducks to bugger of somewhere else.:rolleyes::D:D:D.
  6. Koen Van Oorschot

Koen Van Oorschot Copper BB

Hello Anatidae You are very humble about your knowledge of the superposed. When you are retired you might consider upgrading the Ned Schwing book so that we all become al little wiser in the maze of the B25-)
  7. Anatidae

Anatidae .270 WIN

That is very kind of you, Koen. It is always a pleasure to receive aid from the Belge, like yourself.

I hope to return to my writing, this Winter. I am still learning the nuances of the European B25’s and their engravers. I learn something new, every time I study another example.

Welcome to BrowningOwners - I am confident you will become a regular contributor.

bonne journee
  8. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

Welcome from MA (Middle Alabama) -- enjoy your tour.
    Anatidae likes this.