flashlight on Light 12?

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by BGD, Jul 22, 2022.

1. BGD

BGD .22LR

Anyone know how to attach a flashlight to a light 12? I don't want to make a permanent mod to the shotgun.
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I’m sure there is a barrel clamp somewhere on the market that would work
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Just make sure it doesn’t interfere with the barrel sliding back
  4. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Any added weight on the barrel will interfere with reliability in a major way. Years ago someone made a plastic/rubber/composite forearm for a few popular shotguns with a provision molded in for a flashlight--you might check that route.
  5. BGD

BGD .22LR

I dont think attaching anything to the barrel would work. I was thinking if someone made a device that would attach under the forend cap?
  6. raamw

raamw .22LR

When I was alot younger I would tape a flash lite to the barrel and shoot rats at a local dump, had to put alot of tape and it worked fine
  7. Rockher_man

Rockher_man Copper BB

Barrel clamp to magazine tube?

Can't clamp anything to the barrel!
  8. raamw

raamw .22LR

when I was younger I would tape one of those double D plastic flash lites with the magnetic on/off switches to the barrel and go shoot rats at the local dump, worked great but after a while it was a night out so to speak and it got out of control till people started getting shot. The police became involved when the hospital was require to report gun shot people. One thing led to another the state became involved and fined the heck out of dump owners for leaving the garbage exposed for more than 24 hrs
    Auzzie likes this.
  9. raamw

raamw .22LR

The funny thing on the dump shoot was my friend was a taxidermist and he was approached by a Motocyle gang to see if he would tan rat skins, they then started showing up with buckets of dead rats. I was there on one of those drops and asked him where did he get them. he offered to take us on the next shoot. these fellows had some of those incendiary rockets that would lite up the area. They would be partying and when they shot off a rocket they would run around shooting rats that would be running for cover