First Semi-Auto will be an SA-22

Discussion in 'Browning Semi-Auto 22 Rifle' started by Reeferjon, Dec 31, 2022.

1. Reeferjon

Reeferjon Copper BB

Hi all.
    So, my first semi will be an SA-22, I just found a 1987 grade two at a nice price, its not what I went looking for but will serve me well as an everyday target rifle.
    The SA-22 is tapped and fitted with a scope and its had a moderator fitted by its one owner, who was a UK farmer, UK farmers dont shoot much to be honest.

My question is, what should I look out for when I go the the dealer to view it, I see that I may need to inspect the takedown nut and ASSY well, I also see that the woodwork where the stock interfaces with the action needs checking too.

Br.
    John.
    KyBoB likes this.
  2. Reeferjon

Reeferjon Copper BB

Well, the afore mentioned SA22 is now in my safe awaiting strip and clean to shoot next week.
    Rudolph31, KyBoB and Ranger6 like this.
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Welcome to Browning Owners!

Evidently none of us here are too familiar with the SA-22. But if you have questions, you can call or email Art’s Gunshop. They’re a great bunch of guys and happy to help.
    https://artsgunshop.com/
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I have never had one. I would like to but they seem to be pretty expensive. 10/22 had a bunch of. Those are some nice shooting 22’s. It had a bull barrel and wasn’t much good except on a bench. Maybe I will get lucky some day.
  5. Reeferjon

Reeferjon Copper BB

I agree but here in UK, a decent one like that is real expensive, talking USD500+ for an older model