eBay stock

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Jun 13, 2020.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I’ve thought about trying analine dye with it
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well guys I’ve had enough of of this pain in the ass stock. Sorry about the glare in the pictures I tried everything to eliminate but couldn’t. I am not happy with the results of this stock. It has very long open grain that I can’t get it to fill. I have applied 25 coats of finish and I am calling it good enough. In a couple weeks when the finish is cured I’ll be sending it off for checkering. I have another stock laying on my bench that I’m not looking forward to after this one.
    Ranger6 likes this.
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Justin it looks outstanding. Would be happy to put it on any of my guns. I did have a stock professionally done and the guy told me he had hell filling in the grain. I believe he used some kind of commercial wood grain filler. You can still see some of the open grain, but I believe that just adds beauty to the wood.
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks Ranger. I wet sanded three times with a backer and knocked it down to the low spots. Then applied more finish and it got better but it’s good enough.
    I’m glad to hear that a pro struggled with one of yours. I’ve never had an issue until this one.