early Browning patent FN .22

Discussion in 'Browning Semi-Auto 22 Rifle' started by Robert Darmstatter, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Robert Darmstatter

Robert Darmstatter Copper BB

I have any early rifle with the loading port on the top of the wrist. It was a WWII 'bring back'. I recently saved it from the scrap heap but I am missing the rear sight adjustment screw. Does anyone have the spec's on this; screw size, TPI? Or does anyone know where a replacement can be found?

Thanks,

Robert
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Robert !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

As far as your question on the rear sight screw...I will defer to the experts here.

( You might try here for the part: http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ )
  4. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Just a suggestion, but try a local jeweler. They often have a ton of tiny screws on hand for watch repairs, and can find the right specs for you. Good luck!
  5. Robert Darmstatter

Robert Darmstatter Copper BB

Rob,
    Thanks...never thought of a jeweler, though I don't know at this point if the threads are metric or standard. When I posted this question I assumed that there was someone on this forum who actually knew something about the early rifles. If I can't find out the spec's I'll just rethread the hole and put in a slotted set screw.
    Rob poston likes this.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Robert !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum.