Coyote Hunting And Your Browning...

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by DHonovich, Mar 22, 2011.

1. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

As the title states, post up anything related to coyote hunting and your Browning.
  2. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

I have been using the iPhone app called "iHunt" with an external speaker setup. It seems to work pretty good but I haven't bagged a coyote yet with it :evil:
  3. Season Ticket

Season Ticket Copper BB

No caller for me either, I hunt over bait.
  4. XDMBOB

XDMBOB .270 WIN

I use both, each have their good and bad points. sometimes you just gotta mix it up! They get wise very quickly to the same old call.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

I'm sure I told you all that my life long buddy and his neighbors in Upstate New York raise chickens, goats, and one even has a dairy cow. They also have a coyote problem...and over the last few years both him and I go out every 2-3 months and cull the yote population when the body count starts to rise within the farm community...including one small lap dog that got snatched.

Well...I finally got around to dumping the kill pics to my laptop.

The tool used to drop them was my Olympic Arms M4 in 5.56 that I've had for decades...62 grain SP's and/or HP's usually do the trick. We use both a ground blind and 2 separate tree stands and call them in with FOX PRO distress calls over chicken scraps for bait.

Here are a few that I have harvested:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2017
    XDMBOB likes this.
  6. XDMBOB

XDMBOB .270 WIN

Great pics, thanks for sharing!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  7. Season Ticket

Season Ticket Copper BB

Nice shooting!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  8. BG12

BG12 Copper BB

Here is one I clipped at 300yds about to take a leak on my corn pile...:cool:

IMG-20121013-00617.jpg

Naked eye view.

IMG-20121013-00614.jpg

Scope view. That's him just above the cross.

IMG-20121013-00616.jpg
    SHOOTER13 likes this.