Citori Model Identification...

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by Wadswick, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Wadswick

Wadswick Copper BB

Good evening everyone, thanks for accepting my registration. I am trying to get a date and a specific model on a gun that I have bought. I have looked fairly extensively online to try and identify the model but the serial number on my Citori seems different to everyone else's...

As you can see from the pictures below the serial number is just 43639. Which seems at odds to this link that I am sure many of you have used before: https://www.browning.com/support/date-your-firearm/citori-over-under-shotgun.html

Any guidance that anyone can provide on this would be most appreciated or if there is more information required please let me know.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

3. Wadswick

Wadswick Copper BB

Thanks for your reply Rudolph. Forgive my ignorance, but would a Superposed have Citori written on it? I don’t have it on me right now but I am pretty sure it was made in Japan.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

No, of course not. But your pictures didn’t show any markings other than the serial number. As far as I know, all Citoris have a date and configuration code along with it.

If it doesn’t say Browning or Citori on it, it may be a pre-Browning gun made by Miroku. Take another look at it.