Citori Micro Lightning

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by n4rod, Aug 1, 2022.

1. n4rod

n4rod Copper BB

I bought a used gun listed as a Citori Lightning 20 ga on the internet. I was interested because it was listed as having 24 inch barrels with Invector chokes. In my eyes, a nice bird gun.

When it arrived I noticed it had a really short LOP. It measured 13 5/8 inches. I'm 6' 3", and that's way to short for me. I started researching the gun. Has a product code of H33. Looked it up on Browning's website. Turns out to be a Micro Lightning. A factory manufactured gun with a 13 5/8 inch LOP. Had I known up front about the short LOP, I wouldn't have bought it.

I removed the rubber buttpad. Measured from the trigger to the end of the wood. It's 13 1/4 inches. Taking it to my gunsmith tomorrow. He's going to install a 1 inch thick ventilated, black, white line recoil pad. That will make the LOP 14 1/4 inches, the same as all my other shotguns.

A relatively easy fix, no sawing off the buttstock, but a grind to fit pad. I did learn a valuable lesson. Make sure I ask all the pertinent questions, including the product code. And then thoroughly research the gun before I send off my money.

But hey, I'm a 73 year old disabled Vietnam vet with agent orange caused memory problems. It's hard enough to just remember everyday stuff!

BrowningCitoriMicro20a.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    KyBoB likes this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Congrats on the new Citori, I think the pad will be just fine, and who knows maybe you will even like it and then that pad won't be such a bad thing.