Citori cxs micro vs Cynergy micro midas

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by Deron, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Deron

Deron Copper BB

Wanting to get my wife involved in sporting clays and wondering which gun would be the better choice. Looking at the 20 gauge with 26 inch barrels of both the citori cxs micro and the Cynergy micro Midas. Going to start her in the trap game and go from there. Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Whichever one fits better, and whichever one she likes better.
  3. Deron

Deron Copper BB

Fortunately and unfortunately, we live in Hawaii and there is no way to handle either of these guns. I’m reaching out to others who may have experience with these models. My wife is 4’11 and 80lbs so the 13 inch length of pull is why I’m hoping these 2 models might be a good fit.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Well, I have a 20 gauge Cynergy that fits me well and I’m 6’2”. I used to let a friend’s daughter shoot it and she’s a foot shorter than me. She did OK but it wasn’t a good fit.

I think you would be better off buying a youth model Mossberg for your wife. If she’s really into shooting you can buy her an expensive gun, but you’ll have to have it fitted. Otherwise she’ll be badly handicapped.
  5. Lubers

Lubers Copper BB

I have the 20 gauge CXS with 30 inch barrels that I let my granddaughter use when we go out on the course. She's about 5'4 and handles the gun great. Like the last response I would get her something less expensive and see if she likes it. I started my grand kids out with an CZ 720 ALS G2 that I picked up for 250 bucks. I let them use that to see how they'd like it. Problem now is they love it, and I have a hard time using my own gun.