Browning Customer Sevice

Discussion in 'Browning Hi Power Handgun' started by Mister Coffee, Feb 12, 2017.

1. While I am new on this forum, I have owned Browning Hi-Powers since the 1980s. My question is simply this: What is the consensus on Browning Customer Service? Do these people know what they are doing or not?

Story: I bought a new Hi-Power last summer, and it had some strange punch marks on the barrel lug, like someone had been whacking it with a punch. I sent the gun in, and, after the usual amount of time, it was sent back in the same condition, with no evidence that it had been examined. I spoke to Joe Hicks at Browning about this, and he said that he would send me a replacement barrel when they were available, but that the gun was okay to shoot and I should not worry. Subsequent to that, I shot the gun with store bought ammo and it had failures, so I sent it back to Browning. I haven't taken it to the range since getting it back, but I notice that the slide is looser on the frame, something that I do not usually find on Hi-Powers.

So, these guys at Browning Customer Service, do they know what they are doing or not? Frank opinions are welcome.

Thanks. :)