Browning BAR Stock and Forearm

Discussion in 'Browning BAR Rifle' started by SwampDonkey, Aug 19, 2022.

1. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Copper BB

Hello everyone. I hoping that someone can help me out with some info for my rifle. Several years ago I bought a Browning BAR ii Safari in 7mm Rem mag to hunt with. When I bought the rifle it had a synthetic camo stock and forearm on it, which I thought was strange at the time but the gun was beautiful and I wanted it. So I bought it. About a month or 2 goes by and I find out who the previous owner was. As we were talking, I asked him what happened to the original wood stock and forearm? and he said, what are you talking about, the wood stock and forearm was on the gun when he traded with the gun shop. I told him about the camo one on there and he couldn't believe it. So, I called the gun shop up to see if maybe they still had it by chance and the owner said that he had removed the wood and replaced it with the syn camo and sold the wood stock and forearm for more money. So here's my question, How do I find out which version of wood goes with my gun, the dark shiney or the lighter shiney brown or does it really matter?
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I don't think it matters. Sounds like personal preference. You may want to call art's gun shop and see what they say. You could also try Midwest Gun Works or Browning customer service. There may be some small difference by serial number. You just never know, but I bet one of the three places I listed will know for sure.
    KyBoB likes this.
  3. Coyote56

Coyote56 .410

Had a similar situation with my Remington 1100. The factory somehow had the ability to match up the furniture on my 1100 almost perfectly…after 15 years
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

They be good like that