Browning Auto 5 2 piece lifter in Remington Model 11

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by ClemY, Dec 29, 2017.

1. ClemY

ClemY Copper BB

I have a 30 yr. old Browning Auto 5 and a 75 yr. old Remington Model 11. The Remington and older Auto 5's have a 1 piece lifter that requires pushing the bolt release to operate. The newer Auto 5 has a 2 piece lifter that allows loading without pushing the bolt release. Anyone know if the parts for the 2 piece lifter, which are readily available, will work in the Model 11?

The Auto 5 also has auto loading of the empty chamber with the bolt retracted when a shell is inserted into the mag. I don't expect that to work on the Model 11, but not having to push the bolt release would make loading on the clock during a 3-gun match easier.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I’ve a friend who has installed the 2-Piece Carrier in several Remingtons. I think it takes a little fitting. And yes, he now has Speed Load.
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I’ve heard from my friend:

Your friend can google the “fix” for the two-piece shell carrier for more info; it’ll say he needs the two piece carrier, a shell stop, and a spring but I only needed the two browning carrier pieces (at least for the 12 ga). The fix is expensive with new parts; about $180. Have him call Art’s gun shop in Hillsboro and ask Nick if he has some used two-piece carriers; they’ll be somewhere around $50 or so. The installation takes a bit of finesse for some guns but my 1945 model was a drop in. The 1924 took a teeny bit of stoning. The 20 ga required stoning and a browning shell stop (or bolt stop? That piece with the button you push to release the bolt.
    TMI? Don’t want to confuse you. ;)
  4. ClemY

ClemY Copper BB

I have ordered the parts. We shall see.
    Rudolph31 and SHOOTER13 like this.