Browning A-Bolt Firing pin falls when you start to open the bolt

Discussion in 'Browning A-Bolt Rifle' started by Meadows, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Meadows

Meadows Copper BB

I just got a 1993 Browning A-Bolt Medallion 7MM Magnum from a friend. Its a nice looking gun it has a broken stock I have not had time to mess with it I did order a new stock but will be a couple of weeks before I can do anything with it. While cycling the bolt and checking all the mechanical workings of the rifle trigger safety ect....
    I noticed the safety didn't work at all I cant get it to budge its always on fire trigger feels great but once I cycled the bolt closed it then when I tried to open it again the firing pin fell on it just as if I had pulled the trigger I tried it few more times and it happened each time I tried to open the bolt I am sure if I disassembled it and checked it out that the problem would be pretty apparent to me but I am out of town right now and was wondering if anyone who is more familiar with this guns trigger and bolt assembly could tell me what the problem is or at least narrow it down for me with the information I just provided?
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Puncuation is our friend...
  3. Meadows

Meadows Copper BB

I am an engineer not an English professor what does a comma have to do with a browning A-bolt?
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

It makes it easier to read and understand...like it was meant to !!

OK...?!

Suggest you go to your profile page and read it...