Browning 22 take down

Discussion in 'Browning Semi-Auto 22 Rifle' started by JoePistol, Nov 10, 2012.

1. JoePistol

JoePistol Copper BB

Greeting to all. Just joined the group and is my first post. Please excuse my errors.

I have had a Browning Light 12 for many years and love the gun. Today I made the purchase of a 22 take down. This is one that was made in Japan. I purchased this gun from the original owner. It was bought in 1983. The gun is in the original box with the owners manual. The "odd" part is the fact that the gun has never been removed from the box. It still has the original plastic(?) seal over the gun. Never fired or put together. I am curious as to the value of the gun. Thanks for your input.

Joe
  2. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

One rule of thumb I learned a long time ago is that when it comes to used guns, they are worth whatever someone wants to pay for them. Similar to classic cars I suppose.

I've seen that gun sell for as low as $400, but more in the area of $600 for a very clean one. Belgium models go for more. And, I suspect that geographic location plays a bit into the equation as well. Your NIB find sounds like a sweet deal.
  3. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

hey Joe, Welcome to the browning owners community!! i would agree with setters, it really depends on the current demand. the fact that it is NIB and an 83 is pretty impressive to me. not sure how much value it would add but i would say in the upper 600 range if you have all the documents. good luck with the gun and post some pics if you get a chance.

BTK
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!