British and looking at the xbolt in .223

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by andyp, Oct 20, 2016.

1. andyp

andyp Copper BB

Torn between the xbolt and Tikka t3 in .223,,,,,,,thoughts please.......
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Andy !!

Enjoy our community...

andyp likes this.
  3. I have two x-bolts one is 7mm-08 and the other is a 308 and I think they are great rifles.
    andyp likes this.
  4. andyp

andyp Copper BB

Cheers mate, had any issues with them...??.....
  5. No sir ,they are stand up rifle and dead on when you sight them in.I always use good glass on my rifles. Both are very good rifles.
    andyp likes this.
  6. andyp

andyp Copper BB

Thanks mate, appreciate your feedback........
  7. Let my say also Tikka is also a great rifle.
  8. hydrex

hydrex .22LR

I have 3, a 204 Ruger, a 6.5 Creedmoor and a .308. I haven't shot them a lot, but enough to say they all are tack drivers, or they shoot better than I can. Once you adjust the triggers, down, at least. Awesome recoil pad, even the .308 has mild recoil. Tikka would be my 2nd choice.
    andyp likes this.
  9. fortis_risk

fortis_risk Copper BB

I have two, a 300 win mag long range hunter and a 223 stainless stalker. I love both of them. Great shooters and quality build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  10. I have several X Bolts. The X Bolt Maple Medalion and the X Bolt All Weather are by far my favorites. I own a number of other brands. The Model 70 Winchester is quite awesome, especially in Featherweight. I also have an X Bolt Eclipse in 6.5 Creedmore. The Black Laminate stock is awesome. All are extremely accurate! The worst is the Dura Touch stocks but by 2019 they will all be replaced. I sure have looked at a lot of Tikkas. They would be about my tenth choice! The Sako would be the only one of that line I would buy personally. I hope the Browning X Bolt All Weather comes back as it is quite awesome. Easily one of my single favorite rifles! The build quality is superior for the price. The time honored Winchester Model 70 is also coming thru with quality that is very hard to believe. But in .223 in the Winchester
    Model 70the controlled round feed, believed essential by some ( NOT me, I think both push feed and controlled round feed are very good) the smallest cartridge which the action can handle is 22-250. So the Browning May just be one of the single best options. I would look very close at the current Briwning X Bolt Hunter which comes in .223 with a satin walnut stock, and is worth every penny of the full retail price and I have UK friends who own this rifle. This might just be the single best X Bolt deals I know of and in .223. I have come very close to just picking up,the phone and ordering that very Rifle! Why? I think it is the finest decent priced .223!
  11. hydrex

hydrex .22LR

David, I think that might be my next purchase! I recently sold a .222 Savage to a friend, loved shooting that little tack driver. .223 X-Bolt Hunter would fill that spot, nicely!
  12. I own a Model 700 .222 Remington which is incredibly accurate. The military spent a minor fortune on trying to figure out why the .223 was so inaccurate compared to,the .222 Remington. That is mentioned quite prominately in Jack O’ Connor’s The Rifle Book. In tme though the .223 Remington became far more accurate and today is the leading selling cartridge in the USA. That is the official latest published sales USA statistic I have seen. Price, availability, and handling characteristics of the .223 make it one of the best possible light centerfire rounds in the entire world. The X Bolt for certain is a .223 clambering not to be confused with the 5.56 NATO which to me is a great attraction for this caliber in the X Bolt. Because of the beautiful shorter bolt throw, incredibly rigid scope mounting, almost no recoil, and with the Browning twist in their X Bolt, just about the most perfect bolt action .223 available anywhere. Recently a friend of mine and I went on a quest to find a shooting rifle for the range that would double as a hunting style rifle. We ended spending our money on two .22LRs and I added a Browning T Bolt in .17HMR. But when all is totaled up my original advice to my friend is centerfire is a great way to go, and .223 ammo is reasonable and say at 100 yards to 300 yards the round is wonderful.

So to Hydrex and any others weighing all of this for a enjoyable rifle range mild round and rifle that could be pressed into some hunting work, the Browning X Bolt Hunter in .223 Remington looks like a fantastic deal. Satin gloss stock which will actually outlast the synthetics by a very wide margin and my rifle with a wood stock from 1942 that I hunted with from 1949 to present, but in a cartridge with amazing availability and Browning workmanship? A perfect light rifle. I can think of NO single rifle to introduce women or youngsters to. I regard a 21 age for firearms purchase as not that problematic, but think the voting age should likewise be changed! Also as a former US Army Officer I know the AVERAGE age of soldiers killed in combat in the Vietnam War was 19! Children that grow up having fun and learning truly responsible firearm use are far less likely to abuse them. So here is a rifle that can work for years, and foster better firearms handling and requirements. All in a rifle priced to be a spectacular good value.
  13. Just noticed a Gun Broker ad for a Browning Synthetic Hog Stalker in .223 with a 20inch barrel. Personally I would get a Hunter X Bolt over that, but if the satin gloss Walnut stock on the XBolt in .223 that would be a tempting choice. Still given the attributes of the Browning X Bolt Hunter in .223 that is what I should be buying today!