Blr takedown accuracy

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by tony m, Aug 7, 2014.

1. tony m

tony m Copper BB

New here and just purchased a takedown model .I hope this will be my go to rifle.I have run approx 150 handloads through it, and finding the poi strings horizontal.I am somewhat used to the trigger now after adjustments and a trigger shoe.I now believe it is in the forearm bedding.Any experience with this alteration out there?
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

I'm not much of a gunsmith...but I'm sure someone here will chime in.
  3. joester

joester .22LR

I'm not much of a gunsmith, either, and my 'smith had a fire in his shop so he is rebuilding... I own 2BLR takedowns, one began as a .300 Win. mag, which I had rebarrelled to .375 Ruger. My gunsmith did such a great job on it that maintains MOA accuracy after every reassembly. The other is a new .308, which holds pretty tight groups out of the box upon each reassemble. Its been sent to Neil Jones in Saegertown Pa b/c the trigger was just plain awful. I'm hoping that my gunsmith is up & running so he can fine tune it. Sorry, but I'm not sure of what he does to get me those always-tight groupings. Any GOOD gunsmith should be able to give your BLR a tune-up, perhaps call a few to see who's done a bit of work on BLRs. Good shooting!
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

5. tony m

tony m Copper BB

thought I would update this, and have modified this rifle.Shortened the barrel to 19'' and shortened the length of pull to 13''.My new saddle rifle.I found shooting this off the bench, placing the rifle rest so that there is no contact with the forearm improved this issue a lot.I wanted a compact in the 270 win
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Post a picture to share with the membership Tony...