BLR 450 marlin lever question

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by emil, Oct 22, 2017.

1. emil

emil Copper BB

hello
    I was looking at a blr in 450 marlin today thinking of buying one. the issue/question I have is it seems like the lever is pretty hard to cycle. took a good amount of force ? brand new gun on the rack.

I looked at marlin 4570 and henry rifles there's were very easy to cycle like my 444 marlin.
    are the blr's just stiffer than other levers,
    they only had one blr on the rack so I could not try any others.

any info I would be grateful
    thanks
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

I will defer your question to the BLR experts here...
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2017
  3. cavmedic

cavmedic Guest

It is the slickest lever I’ve ever felt. If it’s off the rack new, it should be the same for you. The only issues I’ve ever heard with a hard rack is when you use surplus/military ammo or when it’s been used and you have no clue about its past.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Time, use, and oil will loosen it up...
  5. emil

emil Copper BB

Its brand new on the rack my buddy had to remove the stock from his shoulder to cycle it. That difficult. It actually hurt/smashed my hand when i tried to cycle it fast.

The guy at the shop said he new nothing about how it should be. I will have to gind another to try. It is a blr with the monte carlo comb satin finish
  6. cavmedic

cavmedic Guest

Either it is an EXTREMELY rare manufacturer defect or the seller is lying (or being lied to). BLR’s should be slick as snot, even out the box.
    Mine was.
  7. BLRBob

BLRBob Copper BB

Mine just arrived today, also a 450 marlin and it cycles very slick and smooth.