Black Bear in North Eastern Ontario

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by BluesMtb, Oct 18, 2017.

1. BluesMtb

BluesMtb Copper BB

Ever been?
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

I've been to Ottawa and Toronto, Ontario...and just recently the Canadian side of Niagara Falls...

Montreal, Quebec ...

Victoria and Vancouver, British Columbia...

Hunted Moose and Caribou there in the 90's... Seen bear sign...but no actual bear.

We have plenty of Black Bear in my home state of Pennsylvania...have taken a few there in season.

Mostly hunt White Tail Deer anymore

============================

BLACK BEAR (Statewide) Archery: Oct. 30-Nov. 4. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.
    BLACK BEAR (Statewide): Nov. 18-22. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.

BLACK BEAR (WMUs 3B, 3C and 3D): Nov. 27-Dec. 2. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.
    BLACK BEAR (WMUs 2B, 5B, 5C and 5D): Nov. 27-Dec. 9. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.
    BLACK BEAR (WMUs 1B, 2C, 3A, 4B, 4C, 4D and 4E): Nov. 29-Dec. 2. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.
    BLACK BEAR (WMUs 2B, 5C and 5D) archery: Sept. 16-Nov. 25. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.
    BLACK BEAR (WMU 5B) archery: Sept. 30-Nov. 11. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.
    BLACK BEAR (WMUs 2B, 5B, 5C and 5D) muzzleloader: Oct. 14-21. Only 1 bear may be taken during the license year.
    BLACK BEAR (WMUs 2B, 5B, 5C and 5D) special firearms: Oct. 19-21, for junior and senior license holders, disabled hunters with a permit to use a vehicle as a blind and resident active duty military.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2017
  3. Norske

Norske .22LR

I read somewhere that Ted Nugent made a number of trips to WaWa, ON for spring bear hunting.