BAR re- assembly issue

Discussion in 'Browning BAR Rifle' started by JWP, Apr 27, 2015.

1. JWP

JWP Copper BB

Hi, I am new here but not to Brownings. I have a bunch but never posted just viewed and never really disasembled one before, but after reading the different threads figured i could. The dissambly went fine and so was the reassembly i thought. Well now I need help. I was reassembling my 300wm bar, one of 4 bar's I have . While I was putting the stock back on The trigger activated and locked the bolt back and I can not move the trigger group or the bolt to take it back apart. I know i need to get the plate loose to remove the trigger group , but it wont come out because the bolt is back and trapping the trigger group. any ideas?, ,and please don't say to play with a different rifle.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum JWP !!

...I'll have to leave your question to the BAR experts here...
  3. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

Any chance of a photo or two, or diagrams? I think I understand what you're saying, but not for certain. I have a ShorTrac, not a steel Safari, so I may or may not be able to help anyway. I was talking to Browning today about a different thing, but they told me that the Safari and LongTrac rifles are fairly different inside.
  4. JWP

JWP Copper BB

Thank you for the reply, I laid awake and figured it out. What I did was I had to take my cleaning rod 22 cal size and insert it into the hole where the guide rod sits. From there a gentle push and it moved the hammer enough to free the bolt and poof it was apart . It took about 5 minutes after that to put it back together. Word of caution when putting back together always have the safety on . Thanks for trying to help

John
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Glad you figured out a solution...enjoy your BAR !!
  6. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

Glad you got it, John.