BAR question- Stripped mounting holes from the factory

Discussion in 'Browning BAR Rifle' started by coltchester45, Mar 1, 2015.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Caveat emptor...Let the buyer beware.
  2. You shouldn't have accepted them. I'm getting a brand new BAR because mine were stripped. It took a lot of letter writing and arguing but well see how long it takes to come in now.
  3. Just received my new rifle today after 3 months at the service center. The NEW rifle has crooked tapped mounting holes setting the scope off at an angle making the rifle inaccurate and worthless. I sent the BRAND NEW REPLACEMENT rifle back today. I hope they can get their @$%# together. I'm running out of patience and shipping money. What a joke Browning.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Damn shame...and unusual for Browning in general.
  5. Update. Browning claims 2nd replacement rifle won't be in until December. That would be a years wait from the first rifle I purchased. So, I bought a brand-new one last week at field and stream. I'm waiting for my refund from browning.
  6. Does anyone know why my new rifle is denting the top neck of the shell casings?
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Pictures would help us diagnose the problem...
  8. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

As Shooter13 said, pics would help.

Dented necks post-firing in auto-loaders is 'normal.' Meaning, most I've been around do it to one degree or another. It's from the ejected case flipping around and hitting the receiver or possibly the bolt charging handle/lever or similar.

If that's not what you're talking about, we'll try again. :)
  9. Finished up the ten month issue today. After browning sent me 2 replacement rifles..and both had serious issues. I returned them to browning and demanded a refund. 10 months later...I bought a replacement BAR at field and stream and my refund finally arrived.
  10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Congrats...
  11. Moose 300

Moose 300 Copper BB

Hi new here this is my first post. I have a 300WSM BAR. the screw holes for the scope rings are stripped. After reading this thread I have suspicion that they see like that right from the factory, ( scope actually blew right off when I was siting it in ( the retailer mounted the scope). I don’t really want to send it back to browning. I would like to know more about how you obtained / what is involved in installing the thread inserts that you mentioned.
    I have Emailed Browning Canada but have yet to get a response.
    Any help you folks can give would be greatly appreciated. http://browningowners.com/forum/index.php