Auto 5 Cases

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Auzzie, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Hey Jta5er could you post a couple of close ups of the cast Browning emblem inside in the lid . I would like to see what they put there and what they looked like. I think it adds lot of class.
  2. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

3. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Well Auzzie, you have indeed made a discovery! The book says the 1929 red instruction tags were only made 1 year 1929 they mention Ogden Utah then only st.Louis. Well check out the case labels?
    [​IMG]
    the 1929 label has both Ogden Utah and Mo not so on the 1930 -31 only Mo.
    Very happy you asked about these. Thanks
  4. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Just want to make sure you all know about these cases. They are an option to actually use in the field instead of scratching up an original browning case.
    [​IMG]
  5. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Now that’s a nice looking case for the price. Be a good regular use one. Thanks for posting the tag images. I always wondered what they looked like close up as the S&V book shows it but no detail. Have sort of toyed with the idea of casting my own as they make a case look classy. That’s even more amazing you have one of each badge tag. You could easily imagine them getting lost with use and handling over time.
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I really like Jeff’s Outfitters. I had a problem with something I bought and Jeff called me himself.
  7. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Here is the ancient leather case made for an a5 and 2 barrels, I bought it because I though it would be the perfect field case and I would have a leather man use it as a pattern to make several. Let me know what you think? Does anyone know a reasonable priced leather guy that could pull this off?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    win7stw likes this.
  8. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

That’s pretty sweet. I wish I could help you out but I don’t know any leather workers
  9. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I don’t think those two words go together reasonable and leather. I had a leather shell bag made several years ago, it was nothing special just real leather and it has lasted well but it was like 200. I think a case like the one pictured would be probably over 1000, if not a couple. Good leather is expensive.
  10. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

You are correct, I have one of the best here in Louisville and it was between those 2 figures.
    Last edited: May 7, 2022
  11. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

I thought 900.00 would be great
  12. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I have a case for one of my Sxs (1897) and it needs some real work. I would hate to know what it would cost, but I would guess 2500-3000.
  13. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

These emmebi case’s would work if they aren’t 1500.00
    [​IMG]
  14. Ranger6

I have some nice newer browning cases, they are nice for travel but that’s about it. My old case is the gun makers case, so someday I will sallow the cost.
  15. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

I bought a Lindner Daly 2 years ago and the seller sent me the gun in this Joseph lang and son case (for free?)
    I recently sold the case and it just about made the gun free!
    [​IMG]
    case was in 99% shape but now my Lindner is almost there. Those handmade London cases are very expensive!
  16. Ranger6

Sure wish mine looked that good. That’s a really nice case
  17. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

My dad told me not to sell that case cuz I wouldn’t ever get another. I would only put a London best sidelock in that case and I promise I will never have one of those. I prefer these brownings and box locks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It paid for this one.
  18. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

19. Ranger6

Wow that sure is sweet. I would have to shoot that for sure.
  20. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Wow that Joseph Lang case is pretty impressive. Does it come with Staff in white gloves to load the shells and flush your pheasants. Very very nice thanks for posting.
    Is the ancient A5 leather bag something that Browning offered as an extra in the day ?