725 Field Grade 3

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by GADAWG, Jul 24, 2022.

1. GADAWG

GADAWG Copper BB

New to this forum. I recently purchased a NIB Citori 12 gauge/ 28" 725 Field Grade III. The Browning dealer had a 725 Field Grade V that I was interested in, but the wood on the Grade III was much nicer. I researched these guns and did not find any reference to these higher grade 725's. I contacted Browning and after talking with several reps they finally put me through to someone with access to their database. Initially the rep told me he was unaware of high grade 725 fields in 12 gauge. He asked for the serial # and was finally able to locate a build order date of 2013 for 300 725's in Grades III and V.
    I checked back with the Browning Platinum dealer and he indicated he had picked the two 725's
    up at a Shot Show 8 or 10 years ago.
    Anyone else familiar with these variations?

DSCN7488.jpg DSCN7489.jpg DSCN7496.jpg DSCN7499.jpg 2838-c6ee16db30d9a798ee59bb7cdbfb9faf.jpg
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Not familiar with the different grades of 725, but friend of mine has a higher grade wood and the engraving scene looks similar to the one in the photo. I think most manufacturers have some higher grades whether it be just wood or wood and engraving. I know the 525/625 had the same upgrades as you mentioned, so don’t see why they would change for the 725.
  3. GADAWG

GADAWG Copper BB

I agree about the wood variations, but my Citori has grade III engraved on the underside of the receiver. Except for the information from the Browning rep, I haven't found much else on early high grade 725 field citoris.
    Thanks for the response.