50mm Scope on an X-bolt

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by RobertP, Mar 2, 2017.

1. RobertP

RobertP Copper BB

I am in the process of mounting a new scope on a new x-bolt hells canyon. The problem I am having is that the scope is too high when I have my check firmly on the comb. Has anyone run into and successfully resolved this issue without selling the scope or rifle?
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  3. Karsten cheek riser. I have 1 on my x-bolt and another on my remington 700. $65 I believe.
    Rob poston likes this.
  4. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

I have one on a T-Bolt (Leupold 3-9X50mm).
    Donutslayer is right... cheek-weld riser is the way to go.
    I am reminded of several years ago, when Redfield came up with the answer for this very thing. They had what was known as a "TV screen" scope. The objective lens was a 50mm, but was rectangular. This allowed the benefit of a 50mm bell, allowing for substantial light to enter into the scope. Today's scopes are so efficient however, that 40mm scopes rival the light ratings of their big brother counterparts.

While the TV screen has been a thing of the past for several years now, the concept was adopted by Redfield's parent company, Leupold, which has developed a low profile 50mm scope that has a clearance notch in the bottom of the bell. Very slick!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.