3 for 3

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Dec 26, 2019.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Had a great day bird hunting today. Took my postwar FN Type 1 today. I used the Gamebore shells with one ounce of six shot. The dogs earned their keep. They had solid points and retrieves. They didn’t want their picture taken. They wanted to hunt more, we were done in 30 minutes. Hopefully we can do it again tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    jlp, Ranger6 and Rudolph31 like this.
  2. Biz

Biz 20g

This is a nice harvest and a very nice picture. Make sure you have the dogs in the picture next time.
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    jlp likes this.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Lucky man. I’m stuck in Texas for now. Nothing like that, damn what I would give to have a day like that, birds or no birds. I’m jealous. Really not liking you much at this point.
    Good looking dogs too
  5. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

About 15 years ago, I had a major brain-stem stroke. Apparently I am very lucky to even be alive, much less upright and functional on my own. (Google "brain-stem strokes.)
    That being said.................................

You laid an earlyA5--
    IN.
    THE.
    SNOW!!!!!??????
    I can feel another one coming on.
    Seriously, nice pictures. (Well, except maybe for the first one. but we already talked about that one.)
  6. Biz

Biz 20g

I start to understand now why you like the 16 gauge. What’s the choke on your Browning?
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Haha I got lucky today. I haven’t got to go very much this year and bird numbers are down here. Low numbers coupled with lots of unharvested fields has made it a little more difficult this year. I love shooting birds but I really love watching my dogs work. I’d probably quit hunting if I couldn’t have a dog.
  8. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

That little bit of snow is nothing compared to what I drug that gun through to get those birds. Cattails covered in frost and snow that were as tall as me. Don’t worry it got wiped down after the picture and a full cleaning when I got home. Plus this gun is going to Arts to be restored.
  9. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Best upland gun there is IMO. “Carries like a 20, hits like a 12.”

This one is choked full
    jlp likes this.
  10. Biz

Biz 20g

Sorry Justin, I don’t know what is a IMO?
  11. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

In my opinion
  12. Biz

Biz 20g

Thank, another abbreviation to add to my list of English "abbs"