1964 30 06 A Bolt Safari Scope Mounts

Discussion in 'Browning A-Bolt Rifle' started by charles Rauch, Mar 24, 2022.

1. charles Rauch

charles Rauch Copper BB

Hi All,
    I have a 1964 30 06 A Bolt Safari with the scope mount taps in the receiver and I have a Redfield / Browning 4x scope that I need the correct mount recommendation. Can anyone provide the correct recommendation?
    Thanks
    Chas
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Hey Sir, unless someone here has the same set up, I doubt you will get many replies. I recently was looking for a set up for a different riffle. This is what I did to find the correct set up. I measured the bolt spacing and then took a tape measure to local gun store and measured until I found something that would work. I started on-line and if you read the spec, sometimes they will give you those measurements. I got lucky as the screws that came with the mount, actually matched the thread pitch in the receiver perfectly. You may not get the same results. The other thing I would try is calling Browning and perhaps they could point you in the correct direction. You may have to make a mount with the correct spacing from something that you can buy. It's not to difficult, measure and drill you some holes, find the correct thread pitch screws. Once all that is good, use some blue lock-tight on the screws. Mount your scope and zero.