1935 coming this week

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Mar 22, 2020.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Have a new one on the way. It’s been pretty quiet around here the last few days. I hope all you guys are well.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I was just thinking the same. All is ok here. Not much left in the stores. I think people have lost their minds. Even ammo is gone. Unless you need .22 that is. Hope all is well with the rest.
    Congrats on the 35 also
  3. Biz

Biz 20g

"Browning lovers in the time of Covid-19"* we are practicing social isolation here in the north. I hope the are not going to close my shop. I was hoping for some interaction on this forum. Congratulations for your 1935. Don’t forget the pics. I was finally organizing the importation of a nice "Spécial pour le tir au pigeon" from Italy. Useless to tell you more.

*"love in the time of cholera" Gabriel García Márquez
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Glad you you guys are doing well. I know Rudolph was just finishing up vacation. I’m a little worried about him being in airplanes and airports.
  5. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

I am looking real hard at a standard 1927 (I already have a couple of 27s ) and a late 40s- a light 12, but not marked light 12 (!!). They are a package deal, and I made an offer. We'll see. I also found a 1930 at a different LGS, which looks darn-near new. That one is next on my "GBI" list. ("Gonna Buy It.")
    I have spent the last few days cleaning up some checkering on one of my projects.
    There was a confirmed case of this panic-flu in the next town over- about 4 miles, so most everyone is starting to take it a shade more serious. I have 4 rolls of Charmin I would be willing to trade even up for a 1973 A5 in like-new condition, BTW.
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Congratulations on your new to you Auto-5. I am alive and well here in Charlotte, going through my last ever recurrent training. Damn simulator’s engines keep quitting and catching fire. Anyway, home tomorrow night, unless the flight cancels.

An unmarked Light Twelve! I had one but sold it to a friend. It had a recoil pad and Poly-Choke, and I thought I’d find another one. Haven’t seen another. Congratulations on the great find.
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Glad everyone is doing well.

Not sure what I was thinking but the gun I have on the way is a 1939.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  8. Longshanx

Longshanx .22LR

Congrats on the 39'. Would love to see pics when you get her home.
  9. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Picked it up today. The metal is pretty nice. The furniture is a little rough on it though. Will post pictures when I get time
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  10. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Wood is easier to fix than metal.