1924 Browning Type??

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Rudolph31, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

I sold several solid cross over ribbed 12ga barrels with browning arms company on top of rib. One of those about 27.5” and modified would be awesome on his gun.
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

He actually likes the poly though
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I have a nice 28” vent rib invector barrel that would work great on that sweet gun
  4. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

No doubt this was Belgium engraver and I have only seen this on type 6 grade 4 stuff?
    [​IMG]
  5. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

He’s right. Plus, it’s the original, engraved barrel. I appreciate the offer, though!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 8, 2022
  6. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

I forgot about barrel engraving. It’s a special order or a type 3. Looks like big boy engraver did this one. You did really well and for a song!
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  7. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I did! Thanks to win7stw. But I cannot find a trace of a signature.
  8. Biz

Biz 20g

Would you have two or three pictures of that type of barrel?
  9. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Not anymore, I sold several on eBay 5-7 years ago. I sold one that had browning brothers on it for 500.00 back then. I may have posted that one on web, I will look.
  10. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Making progress. The first coat of Tru-oil.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Auzzie likes this.
  11. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

That woods going to be beautiful!
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  12. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

should look awesome once he is done.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  13. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I didn’t know he had a Dillon press set up for .45ACP. Maybe if I donate my brass…
  14. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I was going to ask you that, might get some 45 and a new stock
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  15. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Looks really good. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I haven't done a Tru-Oil stock in years.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  16. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Sorry I didn’t notice this before. As I said, I’ve taken them apart in the past. Those are from my 1948 Sweet Sixteen.

And he’s using Tru-Oil.
  17. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Could somebody explain to me if there is a difference between doing a Tru Oil finish and the Pro Custom oil finish as in the other posts. Reason I ask is because have found Tru Oil for sale but none of the other products everybody uses here available.
  18. Biz

Biz 20g

Auzzie, I wish I can explain but we don’t have here in Canada Pro Custom oil. Personally, I prefer to make my own oil mix.
  19. Ranger6

The tru oil is pretty forgiving, and pretty easy to apply. More coats equals more shine. There are pictures on here some where of the zoli that’s done in tru oil. I have never used the pro custom, but I know there are also pictures of one that was done on here. I’m pretty sure win7stw has used both. He would be able to tell you more.
    Auzzie likes this.
  20. Ranger6

Read through wood finishing projects under the citori section. Tried to copy and paste but it’s not working today.