1911-380 Compact vs 1911-380 Full Size

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by Drewz21, May 3, 2021.

1. Drewz21

Drewz21 .22LR

Does anyone have both of these types of the 1911-380? If so, are there any significant differences between them over than the barrel length? Would you carry one over the other?

Thanks!
  2. phonman1970

phonman1970 .22LR

I have the full size and my wife has the compact. No real difference in my eyes but for EDC I think the compact is better. But I still carry my full size one.

Attached Files:

3. Drewz21

Drewz21 .22LR

Thank you! Those grips are beautiful.
  4. phonman1970

phonman1970 .22LR

Thank you, the ones on the compact ordered from Amazon and the others custom made from vendor at local gun show here in AZ.
  5. Drewz21

Drewz21 .22LR

I had a full size and it was just a little bit uncomfortable carrying IWB on my hip with the longer barrel. I just purchased a compact and it is more comfortable carrying IWB. Thanks for your feedback.
    Here's a pic of each.

Attached Files:

6. phonman1970

phonman1970 .22LR

Agree, the compact would be a lot more comfy IWB, but here in AZ we are open carry!
  7. Drewz21

Drewz21 .22LR

We can here in Alabama as well, it's just something I'm not comfortable with yet. I do open carry on my own farmland, but I don't when I go out, I conceal carry then. Actually, when I'm out working on the farm, I open carry my full size 1911-380 and have a Kel-Tec P32 in my pocket as well.
  8. KD6EVH

KD6EVH .22LR

I have a compact, then I later picked up a full-size slide when I saw one cheap on eBay. Frankly, I almost never put the full-size slide on it. I keep thinking of milling it for a red dot, but I haven't done so yet.

Yes, for the record, I have a 380 full size upper, the compact that came with the pistol, and a .22 compact upper. They all work just fine on the same lower. For a carry pistol, I would recommend the compact, but it still isn't a micro pistol.

[​IMG]
    Drewz21 likes this.