16 gauge Choke Tube Wrench.

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by KyBoB, Jul 22, 2021.

1. KyBoB

KyBoB .410

Anybody know if Browning makes a choke tube “T” wrench for the new 16 gauge guns? I’ve got a lead on a new sweet sixteen , but it only comes with one choke. The chokes are available but it only shows the 16 wrench in a flat style ( not my favorite) but not in the T style like the 12’s or 20’s. Would the 20 work? Or would it slip and booger the choke? Browning makes the 16 in several guns and I would think they’d make the T wrench like for the other gauges. I E-mailed Browning but have not heard back. Any insight would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Yep I searched for a while for a 16 speed wrench, no luck. The flat old style works but not real convenient like the others. I do use a 20, in a pinch, but you gotta be real careful of you will mess up the slots. The choke doesn’t need to be real tight, with lube on the treads they usually stay tight. Just snug works. I actually like the extended chokes much better. Easy to reach up there and check when ever you want. Maybe if I ever get the new lathe I want I will make one, and sell them so I can buy more crap I probably don’t need.
    Brileys makes 2 different wrenches and I have read they work well, there are also a couple other brands that may work like Carlson, but not specifically for browning, and to my knowledge not just for the 16. Some have an expanding deal that works inside the choke, but they won’t fit the slots, like what your talking about. This is what I use mostly:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    KyBoB likes this.
  3. KyBoB

KyBoB .410

Thanks Ranger. I was hoping you’d chime in. I see Briley makes the “T” version that MIGHT fit the 4 slots.
    I suppose the flat one is better than nothing.
    I really miss having access to a lathe and a mill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Yea their T wrench is the one, the cheap one. Use to be under 20 but haven’t looked in a while
    KyBoB likes this.