Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by jrvaughn1956, May 16, 2023.

1. jrvaughn1956

jrvaughn1956 Copper BB

I before in wrong place. New Member from Central Texas.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir, thanks for introducing yourself.
  3. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Hi from Down Under. Long way from Texas. Welcome and enjoy what’s on offer. Lots of good information and resources to be found here.
  4. jrvaughn1956

jrvaughn1956 Copper BB

Thanks two great places. Australia and Texas.
  5. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Southwest Idaho says Hi and Welcome. A great bunch of people here, and zero drama. Buy another safe now!
    jrvaughn1956 and KyBoB like this.
  6. BradInTexas

BradInTexas Copper BB

Thanks for the welcome. I now have 2 Browning firearms. My first, bought new in 1983, is a Challenger III Sporter. My second, bought used last week is a 1980 Nickel Plated Hi Power that looks like it's had fewer than 100 rd through it. I didn't even know they made nickel plated Hi Powers but saw it on Gunbroker. I haven't even had it to the range yet but I felt I needed to join your forum and learn more about Browning. For example, my Hi Power doesn't have a sear lever spring and I thought it was missing but apparently some were made without this. It does have a spring loaded piston/foot in the back of the trigger that presses on the magazine though. So I'm now very curious about all the variations on the operating system of this classic firearm. I had wanted one since 1983 when I shot the gun belonging to my brother in law. So I bid on one at Gunbroker and lost, giving up at $1550. I satisfied myself with buying a new SA-35. A very nice pistol but it didn't 'scratch the itch'. So after a week, I looked online again and saw this shiny new version and it had a 'buy it now' option so I 'pulled the trigger' (I found I don't like bidding wars in auctions. Sorta felt like gambling-yucky). I stripped it down completely and cleaned it ultrasonically, then very carefully re-assembled it. The trigger pin had been installed backwards -- now it's correct. But I need to learn more I think. Thanks for the welcome!
  7. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir, where in Texas?
  8. BradInTexas

BradInTexas Copper BB

Magnolia, north of Houston in the SW corner of Montgomery County. I'm a retired nerd, having worked for a large R&D company for 30 years as a member of the high performance computer and subsequently enterprise storage system R&D team(s).
  9. Ranger6

good deal, know right where you are, in Kingwood. I almost bought a house out there. Turns out VA didn't like the roof, owner refused to fix, so had to walk away. It was a nice place.
  10. jrvaughn1956

jrvaughn1956 Copper BB

I know both areas. I live in South Austin used to be great not so much anymore. I bought my first Browning in early April, 2023. A Browing Citori Special Sporting Clays 12 gauge 32 inch. Starting to shoot it better. A step up for me.
  11. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

Welcome to our house from CA (Central Alabama) -- enjoy your tour.
  12. jrvaughn1956

jrvaughn1956 Copper BB