T1 Magazine Fit

Discussion in 'Browning T-Bolt Rifle' started by William Benefiel, Mar 2, 2023.

1. William Benefiel

William Benefiel Copper BB

Am looking at buying a Belgian TBolt online. I have researched the salt wood issue so I know what to avoid. I am looking at both T1 & T2 models. Does the magazine protrude down below the stock on all T1 models? It appears not to on the T2s.

Thanks!
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I think it has a box magazine that’s hinged so it would not extend much. Perhaps there are differences in models, depending on caliber?
  3. William Benefiel

I looked at some pics of T2s that appeared to fit flush but all the T1 pics appear to protrude. As long as it isn’t a defect it won’t matter.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

The ones I have seen look like most of the others. I never paid that close attention, I guess. I'm confused as to why you would think it's a defect, if what you are seeing is two different models. If it opens, loads, and closes, and fires fine I would say good to go. I know on some of the box magazine feed rifles had just a thin metal tab that locked the magazine in and they would break causing problems, but I don't think newer models use this set up.
    William Benefiel likes this.
  5. William Benefiel

Thanks. Pretty sure the Miroku mades have a very functional rotary mag similar to. 10/22. I hear the Miroku TBolts are great guns but I just want an old one.