New .308 X-Bolt Speed

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by Passe-Partout, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Passe-Partout

Passe-Partout Copper BB

Hello everyone, new guy here. Just bought my first browning riffle. Picked up a X-Bolt Speed in Ovix camo, beautiful gun, I love it. Picked up a Leupold VX-Freedom 4-12X40 to mount up top. I bought the gun in a 18 inch barrel length, after spending some time looking at it, I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake and get it to short. The 2 options were 18" and 22". Should I have bought the 22, does barrel length play that big of a role?

My plans, shoot 165 grain and I won't be shooting over 300 yards for sure. More than likely, the furthest i'll shoot is 150-200 yards.

Just curious your thoughts on the situation and if you think the 18" will be fine. Thanks for any input!
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome, I think you will be fine.
    Passe-Partout likes this.
  3. Passe-Partout

Passe-Partout Copper BB

Thanks, I’ve been doing some reading. I think it’ll be fine also, judging by all the online material I’ve read. Excited to put a few rounds through it and see how it does.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Good deal. Keep us posted.
  5. Passe-Partout

Passe-Partout Copper BB

Will do. Local shop didnt have the scope rings I needed and wasn't sure when he could get them. So I had to order them, should be here in a couple days, gonna get it all together and get it dialed in.
  6. Ranger6

Yes sir, I stopped looking for local stuff. Seems like they have nothing anymore. Last set I got was off amazon and was delivered next day.
  7. Passe-Partout

Passe-Partout Copper BB

I hear you. I was trying to support local business because we spend so much money online these days. But sometimes you just gotta so what you gotta do I guess. Still waiting for those scope rings to come in, I guess Christmas has USPS slows down rite now.
  8. Ranger6

For sure around here. My last USPS was 9 days late.
    Passe-Partout likes this.