Browning announced discontinuing all BLR

Discussion in 'Browning BLR Rifle' started by ssdeuces, Feb 27, 2022.

1. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

Has anyone else seen this???
  2. snoeproe

snoeproe .22LR

Where did you read this news?
  3. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

It was on the Browning website...
  4. snoeproe

snoeproe .22LR

Not sure what exactly you saw or read there but it looks like business as usual just now when I was there. I don’t see anything about the BLR line being discontinued?
  5. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Don’t own one, but was on another web site and I found this. Not sure if it’s true or false.

Attached Files:

6. snoeproe

snoeproe .22LR

Ive been frequenting the browning web site much lately as I’m in the market for a new rifle. I have seen nothing there recently indicating that the BLR line is being discontinued.
    I’m thinking someone clicked on the discontinued models tab and now thinks the entire line is being discontinued? Someone just doesn’t know or understand how to use the website.
  7. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

That is very possible, my only thing is usually when you like something, it then disappears. Take the auto 5 for starters, best semi- auto ever made. Most reliable shotgun ever, then they come out with a total POS that isn't even true to Browning.
  8. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

I screen shot a few models but can't get it to load
  9. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

This is part of it

Attached Files:

10. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

11. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

They are all listed as "Discontinued "
  12. snoeproe

snoeproe .22LR

Yes. I have seen that page And I’m pretty sure some of those models on that page have been discontinued for awhile now. You should also see a bunch of other non BLR models there that have also been discontinued in the past. Again, those are past discontinued models, not all current production models that are listed on the site. Browning (like many other firearm manufacturers today) has been shrinking down how many models or version of models they manufacture of certain guns. This doesn’t mean the BLR line is no longer being produced.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  13. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

Thanks. I hope you are correct. Gunbroker certainly thinks so from my observations.
  14. snoeproe

snoeproe .22LR

I didn’t realize the Browning website was this complicated?