Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Mar 6, 2012.

1. JPG1953

JPG1953 Copper BB

I am new to this forum, all I can say about myself is that I have been buying,selling and collecting guns for about 35 years. I learn something new just about every day and I enjoy these forums. I live in Missouri and I am retired. I recently traded for a gun that I have never seen before. It is a FN built SA-22 on the Browning patient, one thing different it is NOT a takedown it is a solid frame. Looking for help trying to find any information on this gun.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  2. ColdBlue

ColdBlue Copper BB

ColdBlue is a handle I picked years ago after my initial request to the SASS (which was CaseHarden) was rejected as it was already in use.
    I post alot on AR15.com as ColdBlue in reference to AR matters, especially the M16A2.
    23 years a Marine (1968-1991). Was Enlisted then an Infantry Officer.
    My first Browning was a 9mm HiPower I purchased at the Camp Pendleton PX after I returned from Vietnam.
    My other Browning, a .44 magnum Model 1892 I purchased around 1976, and that's what I am reloading for and shooting the most this Summer.
    However, it will not stabilize any form of 210-240 gr. lead or jacketed bullets. In fact it actually "keyholes" some of these heavy, but standard weight (for .44 magnum) bullets.
    On the good side however, factory loaded 180 grain Hornady .44 Specials group fine at 50 yards, as well as my 180 gr. Hornady XTP handloads with 9.1 gr. of Unique using a large pistol primer.
    Any other 1892 owner/shooters out there...?
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  3. Hello all! New to the group just picked up a browning A5 3 shot 16 gauge and look forward to being a part of the group here to ask questions and see everyone’s pictures.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing about your Auto-5.
    Hippiefromhell likes this.
  5. Noturus

Noturus .410

Noturus Placidus is an endangered small catfish found only on the Neosho River in Southeast Kansas. It's also called the Neosho Madtom. I named my fishing kayak after it and thought it would be a good user name here. I will get around to an avatar once I get familiar with this site.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  6. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Mine is so I don't forget who or where I am.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  7. Noturus

Noturus .410

I'm sorry, who are you again?:giggle:
    ripjack13 likes this.
  8. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator

Years ago when I first started Playstation 1 video games (way back in 1998 :lol: ) , I needed a name that would be cool. So I started thinking of names similar to Jack the Ripper, and the movie "Freejack" (with Charlie "Winning" Sheen and Mick " I'm so old I should be a mummy" Jagger.) Also I loved the movie " Tank Girl" with Lori (mmmmmm yummy) Petty and the characters in the movie that everyone was so afraid of were called "Rippers"....so I put all them together and
    I came up with "ripjack", so I entered it.. ..and low and behold someone thought of it before me! wth!?? :eek: (also it's an Inn in Costa Rica) So, I wanted to keep it, but I decided to add the number 13 to it, because my name is Marc, and the letter M is the 13th letter in the alphabet.

The avatar is from Assasins Creed...
    I played that game all the time. And I loved the picture.

So there you have it.....
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  9. gnappi

gnappi .22LR

My screen name was what I used when I worked in product development at IBM and I kept it. My avatar is a bas relief I created from an animated pic of myself shooting for a website I once had.
  10. Noturus

Noturus .410

Very cool Gary!:goodpost:
  11. gnappi

gnappi .22LR

Here's the gif in it's entirety... the double tap that never misses the "A" zone :)

anim_shooter.gif
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  12. DROD

DROD Copper BB

View attachment 1934 new here. from manitoba canada... dont know where i got the name from,but avatar is a buck i shot a few years ago.i bought my first browning product last year.it is a x bolt stalker long range in 7mm rem mag with a boyds stock and a aftermarket muzzle brake. i shoot mostly prone so this stock fits me much better and the factory muzzle brake blew sand back at me. other than that i dont know what to say. View attachment 1933 View attachment 1933 View attachment 1933 im just your average whitetail hunter
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  13. Gator

Gator Copper BB

'Gator' is a joke nickname given to me at a baseball tournament in Ft. Myers 10 years ago and still used by some teammates. The picture is a game shot taken at the Roy Hobbs World Series during a game in the 65+ division.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  14. hm1996

hm1996 Copper BB

Shot service rifle (M1 Garand) competitiion in ANG & Army from 1954-1962. Then, after a 21 year hiatus took up NRA high power rifle (both service rifle and match rifle) NM course in 1983. Finally made high master classification in 1996, then had to give it up in 1999 due to arthritis in neck. Took up predator calling and have never looked back.

Regards,
    hm
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  15. greenheadmike

greenheadmike Copper BB

Big duck hunter, been hunting ducks since 1962. Have hunted duck all over the place, Fla, Ga, Ala, Colo, Okla, And Tx . When I call the duck in, I always ID the ducks ie; Green Head, pintail, teal and etc. love them green head mallard, best damn eating duck out there. Makes the best dang duck gumbo out there, I make a mean gumbo. Got a Cynergy WaterFowl model Monday, have shot it several times all ready, shoot well, will be using it this weekend hunting with my son and grandson, doesn’t get any better than that.
  16. Glenn Mac

Glenn Mac Copper BB

Never picked a screen name or avatar?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
  17. gearchecker

gearchecker Copper BB

I go by Gearchecker. I was an employee at General Motors in one of their prototype divisions, and my position was to precision measure new Rack & Pinion gears for new steering system builds. Our measurements were in the micron range, with angle measurements in the 1/1000th of a degree for the spiral pitch angles.
    I was given the e-mail address "Gearchecker@....., so I kept the name.
    My avatar is based on my Shih Tsu, named Samantha. She is an Alpha female, and all too many time she's the Bad Dog in the house.
    I am a Super Moderator on one of the S&W forums, and really enjoy the challenges. I am a member on numerous gun forums, and always use the same member name, so I'm easy to recognize.
  18. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir.
  19. ssdeuces

ssdeuces .22LR

My screen name stuck with me after my second '67 Chevy II build. I've built 2 more since. My avatar is the velvet buck I shot August 15th 2021. It also shows my lever guns. There's room for 2 more BLRs. The Marlin 336 JM in .35 Remington knocked Mr Velvet off his feet. Instant death. Next BLRs will be 223 and 358
  20. tex45acp

tex45acp Copper BB

I'm just a proud Texan that loves his 45acp guns.