Need a new Auto 5

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Aug 26, 2021.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Most of the time I shoot Fiocchi Golden Pheasants or roll my own
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

It’ll ship tomorrow I hope. Should have it Friday I would think
  3. huskerhunt

huskerhunt .22LR

That's a really nice shotgun! Congrats!
    I've been trying to stave off the temptation of picking up an Auto 5 lately. I know what the answer would be if I asked this group if I should do it. That's not a bad thing though. I get this feeling the minute the weather starts to cool off. I think I need help.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    win7stw and KyBoB like this.
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks. I knew what the answer was going to be when I asked.
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Bonus, it has the factory box too
    KyBoB likes this.
  6. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Shit think those boxes go for like 150. Can’t say I have any of my boxes for anything.
  7. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Nice purchase Win7. That is a beautiful piece of timber and great condition item as addition to your fleet of Auto 5’s. It has found a good home.
  8. Bruski

Bruski .410

Hmmm... you ask a bunch of Browning fans if they think it is a good idea to buy a gun?
    I'm reminded of the Daffy Duck Cartoons. You know the ones.
    There's an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other. Both whispering in his ear.
    It's just there are no angels here.
    Enjoy.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  9. Biz

Biz 20g

Can’t wait to see detailed pictures. Congratulations Justin.
  10. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks Marc. Do you know much about these? I’m struggling finding info on them
  11. Biz

Biz 20g

I am puzzled about the Super light models. S&V call the 1958 production, steel receiver/light alloy triggerguard and the 1969 alloy receiver/alloy triggerguard the super lightweight series. In the catalogue I have, they clearly identify a light and a super lightweight series. I believe your’s, which by the way make me jealous, is the lightweight model. Do you know if the receiver is steel or alloy?
  12. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I believe it is alloy. There is a picture of one in the S&V book. It would have to be post 1969 since it’s a 20 gauge.
  13. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I picked it up last night and I love it. The anodizing has some wear which I saw in the pictures before I bought it. The wood is in excellent shape. Barrel is numbered to receiver and is 27.5”. It weighs 5lb 11 ounces. I will post better pictures when I have time. Headed out to shoot some doves in a few
    huskerhunt and KyBoB like this.