Auto 5’s are put away

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Aug 21, 2020.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Well it’s that time of year already I am done with skeet and sporting clays league. We did terrible in sporting clays but I shot my personal best with a 48. We were the No 1 team going into the final week of skeet and pissed it away.

I’ve kind of put my Auto 5 restorations on the back burner. I received a lot of “old junk” from my grandparents estates this summer so I’ve been tinkering with Coleman lanterns, an old vise, some Griswold & Wagner ware cast iron pans, and some axes. It’s been fun tinkering with old stuff.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I’ll probably slay some doves with the A5’s when that opens here. Grouse and partridge opener is only 3 weekends out. Can’t wait to put some meat on the table
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Shame on you Justin. Putting your A5 away. I just shot some sporting clays( true pair) last weekend with A5 and a gold. Man that was fun. Had skeet choke the whole course, probably the wrong choke. I did ok but some of the clays were pretty difficult. Dove season coming here, don’t think I’m gonna do a lease this year. Last year I got to go one day, kiddo in cheer, so that comes first and always competing on the weekends. I still have several skeet fields and clay courses to satisfy the trigger finger.
  4. Biz

Biz 20g

Nice axe collection but I thought there where no forest in North Dakota? Unfortunately, the closest place here to shoot clay pigeons is 200 km away.
    Anyway, the good news, Canada geese hunting start in two weeks. A lot of rillettes waiting to be made. Justin keep us posted on your bird score.
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Well there isn’t any real forests here but contrary to popular belief we do have trees and hills. It’s been fun fixing up my grandpas old stuff.
    Early goose opened here last weekend. I might have to try goose hunting again. I like to shoot birds that are smart enough to fly away from me not fly at me though.
    That sucks you have to drive so far for clays. My clay season is too short.
  6. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Well the A5’s got to see some action yesterday. I went grouse hunting but didn’t get any. They were really jumpy. I took a couple of pot shots but missed. Did get to shoot some doves though