Browning Acera- Straight pull

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by freedom, Apr 26, 2016.

1. freedom

freedom .22LR

Don't know if anyone has heard about these before. Made in 1999 and 2000, discontinued now. I have one that is mint in the box. 30-06 caliber with the Boss system on the end of the barrel. All paper work exists. I was wondering its current value, as I was thinking of selling it.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum freedom !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

As far as your question...I will defer to the membership for a qualified reply.
  4. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

I can look it up for you, next time I go to my trap club. They have a full and comprehensive library of Gun Blue Books.
  5. Paul Holland

Paul Holland .22LR

Not sure about the Acera, But SS, Syn stock, Factory BOSS, 30/06, A bolt 2, were selling from $600.00 to $800.00 on the auctions. I really thought they would be in higher demand, Guess the BOSS can really intimidate some people
  6. freedom

freedom .22LR

Paul thanks for the reply, I'm thinking the Acera is worth at least what I paid for it 16 years ago.
  7. Paul Holland

Paul Holland .22LR

That's what Mine is at purchased it a long time ago for just around $600.00 could maybe get $700.00 for it but like my Python it is not going anywhere soon. love the rifle, love the BOSS for me I could not get a better Hunting rifle
  8. freedom

freedom .22LR

Paul I quess you have an Acera also? Mint, new in the box I was thinking at least 800.00
  9. Paul Holland

Paul Holland .22LR

Mine is well used, great shape but it is what it is a Hunting rifle
    I have a Stainless Steel "A" bolt II, 30/06 Stalker with the synthetic stock, BOSS factory installed on it? It is the first generation bought it the first year the BOSS system was Offered.
    Yours in the box new with Doc's, Basically not fired I would shoot for $900.00 and give them a $100.00 to dicker with.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  10. freedom

freedom .22LR

Paul, have you had any trouble getting parts for the Acera? Browning no longer supports parts or service for the Acera, from their web site.
  11. Paul Holland

Paul Holland .22LR

No it has performed flawlessly, never had an issue with it
  12. freedom

freedom .22LR

Paul, I believe parts from the BAR should work on the Acera as the Acera is based on the BAR. Need to check with Browning. Also found several sites where Acera parts could be found.
  13. Paul Holland

Paul Holland .22LR

Mine is a Bolt action stalker (A bolt 2) Not a BAR, Most likely why it has been so trouble free
  14. Jim0609

Jim0609 Copper BB

I realize this is an old post but is there any chance this rifle is still for sale?
    Jim