First go at roll crimps

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by win7stw, May 24, 2020.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Yes nice to know what it’s called. Word police is lurking, ok that makes sense. Guess I need a gun with pressure stuff in it too. Maybe a lab.
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Next tool on the list is the hull conditioner
  3. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Now you are talking. I’d give you my business
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Sunday I went to a buddies that passed away. His garage was full of reloading. Got case of 28 hulls for 50. Got 3000 28 gauge hulls and 10 bags of shot at 30 a bag. Good day
  5. Ranger6

They have the strain gauge for pressure that don’t require gun modifications. Not sure how accurate it is. Rudy from creative makes one.. I have it in 16. Works good
  6. Ranger6

Think he has a video on it
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I’m sure you saw that I high jacked your roll crimp post on 16ga. Anyway a guy messaged me and said he has one and you never got back to him. I knew you had one so I said I’d be interested if the price is right. That was three days ago and nothing back. Maybe I’m a little too impatient but damn it I want one
  8. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Interesting I’ll check it out. That would be nice to have
  9. Ranger6

I had 2 guys send me picks. Mark and Neil.
    Bought marks for 50 shipped. Neil wanted 100. Seemed a little expensive since I just spent almost 100 on gaep.
  10. Ranger6

Here is the one from Neil. If you want his email I can forward it to you. 105 was what he told me

Attached Files:

11. Ranger6

Did the guy over on 16 gauge have new paper or once fired?
    And Rudy makes the Hull conditioner. The strain gauge I just googled.
  12. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

He emailed me but didn’t give a price. I’m out at 105
    Ranger6 likes this.
  13. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

New I believe. I’ll double check.
    I’ll check out Rudy’s site again
  14. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

What did you pay for your hand crimper? I’m tempted to buy a 12 gauge and put a gaep or precision head on it.
  15. Ranger6

The one from mark was 50 shipped
  16. Ranger6

Some say the Russian ones work off eBay. I just wanted one to mount to my bench without a bunch of redo’s.
  17. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Good snag. Byrdog or oldog is the one who has the paper hulls. In his reply he said I have 300 new primed 2.75” hulls and they aren’t cheap
  18. Ranger6

Wonder how they would trim down to 2 1/2? I sent him an email. See what he tells me
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
  19. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I bet they trim just fine
  20. Ranger6

Well the old school one showed up today. Gonna mount it and give a whirl.

Attached Files: