Black Label Medallion slide to frame fit

Discussion in 'Browning 1911-22 Handgun' started by cupton, Jul 17, 2019.

1. cupton

cupton .410

I'm curious how the slide to frame fit is for you all and your 1911-22's. I have the Black Label Medallion (Full Size) and it's got some back and forth slop between the slide and frame. Same for you all? This is the only .22lr pistol I own and the rest are all full size 1911 brothers which are a pretty darn pretty solid. But those are also a whole different beast in itself so I cant compare.

This was a new placement gun from warranty since my initial one had some unusual slide stop notch peening. It shot fine the one time I got it out after receiving the new one to test, but honestly its been quite a few months since I have been out to shoot with it.

Just thought I'd ask. Thanks!
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I don’t own one of those, so I’m not much help. But you said it shot well, was it accurate? If it’s reliable and accurate you don’t have a problem.
    cupton likes this.
  3. cupton

cupton .410

It shot well but I cant remember the accuracy. I'll take it out this weekend and run some of the trusty CCI through it and see how it does for accuracy. Within reason of course. Evey firearm I own is way more accurate than I am.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Me too, with the exception of a K98 that keyholes at 25 yards. But .22’s are normally damned accurate. Shoot from a rest at 25 feet and see how it does.
    cupton likes this.
  5. cupton

cupton .410

At 25 yards with any pistol I'm lucky to hit anything within a 6 inch target. I measure my pistol shooting in feet. :giggle:
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Read it again, I said shoot it at 25 feet.
  7. cupton

cupton .410

Oh yea I got ya. That was more of a joke about how I can’t shoot very well at 25 yards which is what most of my pistols are zero’d for from the factory. 25 feet is more my speed.
  8. pakettle

pakettle .22LR

Browning replaced my black label for slide wear and peening of the slide stop notch,also slide would never lock back after last round.
    The new one is doing the same thing, my other new medallion is starting to do the same thing.
    I have a buckmark that has no problems like this!