Location of serial number

Discussion in 'Browning Semi-Auto 22 Rifle' started by Robert Greer, May 4, 2016.

1. Robert Greer

Robert Greer Copper BB

I have a Belgian SA-22 made in the 60s, I believe. It was my fathers and I seem to recall him buying it some time in the 60s, but I can't remember exactly when. I have looked at all the flat spaces where serial numbers are usually stamped; on the receiver where it mates with the barrel assembly, and even called Browning's service department. They could not give me the location and I can't find it. Any suggestions?
  2. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

If I recall correctly, mine is located on the right side of the receiver, down on the bottom, and just aside of the ejector port. Keep in mind though, that mine is a fairly new SA-22, and this may not be the case with earlier models. Also, keep in mind that the GCA (Oct. 22, 1968) required all firearms to have a serial number... if your's predates this act, it is possible it may not have a serial number (although I have seen a great many pre-'68 firearms, all but one had a SN).
  3. LChaney

LChaney Copper BB

I have one that I can't find a serial number on anywhere, but I feel pretty sure it was most likely bought in the 50s'
  4. Dueeast

Dueeast Copper BB

My SA-22 dated to 1963 has the Ser.# on the underside of the barrel just in front of the forestock .