x lock scope mount question

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by craig poissant, Apr 8, 2015.

1. craig poissant

craig poissant Copper BB

Just bought a new X Bolt in 300 win mag going to put a Bushnell legend hd 4.5/14/44 on it was just wondering if there were any recommendations for which size X lock mounts to use. also wonder in if any one has any preferred factory loads for this rifle.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Craig !!

Not sure about that question on the X lock mounts...but I'm sure someone here will chime in...stand by.
  3. craig poissant

craig poissant Copper BB

ordered the medium height x lock mounts will let every on know how the work out when they arrive.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

OK Craig...standing by !
  5. craig poissant

craig poissant Copper BB

intermediate height worked good for me.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Good to know...thanks for posting the remedy !!
  7. wsucougs8

wsucougs8 Copper BB

Just incase anyone is researching this thread for a 50mm scope; I just mounted a 50mm Nikon on my x bolt 7mm RM and bought both the intermediate and high mounts. I dry fitted the intermediates and found that the scope fit with about 1mm to spare, but the scope cap would not fit between the barrel and scope so I went with the high mounts, and everything fits great.
  8. judgecrater

judgecrater Copper BB

I found that my X bolt needed the high X lock rings as medium was not tall enough for my 50 mm Vari-X III Leopold 3.5-10X.
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Thanks for the advice gentlemen...
  10. Season Ticket

Season Ticket Copper BB

I just ordered the intermediates for my Vortex Viper 6.5-20x 50 mm as per Browning's website, I hope they fit. :(

Scope Ring System Height Selection Guide

• Use the Standard (low) ring height for scopes up to a 44mm objective with a standard barrel contour.
    • Use the Intermediate (medium) ring height for scopes up to a 50mm objective with a standard barrel contour.
    • Use the High ring height for scopes up to a 56mm objective with a standard barrel contour.
    Important: These fit the X-Bolt only.

http://www.browning.com/products/sh...ases/xbolt-integrated-scope-mount-system.html
  11. Season Ticket

Season Ticket Copper BB

Mediums worked fine for my 50mm.

[​IMG]
    cupton likes this.
  12. cupton

cupton .410

She's a real Beaut!!!!!!
  13. Season Ticket

Season Ticket Copper BB

Thank you, just need some good weather to go out and play. ;)
  14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

SANDMAN...READ YOUR PM NOW
  15. meinnoco

meinnoco Copper BB

Bought a Leupold vx 3i in 4.5 - 14 x 50 to put on an xbolt stalker. Couldn't get the eye relief I need with the intermediate, the bell on the scope was hitting the barrel. I ordered the 1" High mounts.
  16. I have DNZ low mounts on my xbolt with a 3.5x10x44 and works fine .
  17. That's a nice looking setup .