FN / Browning Trombone .22 Rifle

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by huskerbob, Apr 24, 2018.

1. huskerbob

huskerbob .410

Hope to track someone down who might have a set of the screws (2) used to attach the forend on this pump rifle. Have tried the screws off of several similar pump .22's built in the U.S. Unfortunately none fit.

I lieu of the actual screws, I would be happy to hear any suggestions on suppliers who may carry them. I've checked with Numrich and Brownell's, no luck at either place.

Thanks!

Bob
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

All of FN’s products use metric screws, so it’s not surprising that US screws didn’t fit. Hopefully the screws you need are identical to those used on another Browning and are still available.

Art Isaacson has a video on restoring a Browning Trombone. If your question isn’t answered in the video, you might call him and ask. I’ve used Art’s for years and they’ve been tremendously helpful, even when I wasn’t spending money.

http://artsgunshop.com/

Good Luck!
    huskerbob likes this.
  3. huskerbob

huskerbob .410

Thanks Rudolph31. I'll watch the video and then give him a call !

I wasn't really surprised the US screw didn't fit. I just thought since I had them on hand it was worth a shot. I've run into crazier stuff on these old guns!!

Thanks again!!!
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  4. kumpe

kumpe .410

Check with Western Gun Parts in Edmonton. I was able to order new forend screws for my Trombone from them recently.
    Rudolph31 and huskerbob like this.
  5. huskerbob

huskerbob .410

Thank you!! I will definitely contact them!
    kumpe likes this.