Black Label Medallion (4.25)

Discussion in 'Browning 1911-22 Handgun' started by cupton, Apr 20, 2017.

1. cupton

cupton .410

Ordered a Black Label Medallion (4.25) and it should be delivered to the FFL tomorrow. I should have it by Monday and I'm really looking forward to this one.

1st, this was my 1st online gun purchase so its a whole new experience. I'm used to just going to the gun shop and if they dont have what I need, they just order it and its a one stop shop experience. The pricing I was seeing online was so much better than what they were able to get for me locally. So I went with Bud's and ordered through them and so far its been great.

2nd, I have 3 1911's in .45 and carry one (4 inch) but I don't get to shoot as much as I would like to. I can get to the range no problem, but shooting .45's all day can get a bit pricey. That's where the .22lr steps in. I just love 1911's and this little baby Browning 1911-22 hopefully will fill the void and get me shooting more rounds down range.

That's all. Just wanted to put that here. ;)
    Ken Moore and SHOOTER13 like this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Post some pictures when she arrives...
  3. cupton

cupton .410

Will do!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. cupton

cupton .410

Just picked her up. Still a little gunky but I'll clean her up before the 1st range session. I'm really diggin' these grips!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Rob poston and SHOOTER13 like this.
  5. cupton

cupton .410

Figured I would give her a good cleaning now. She cleans up nice!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Rob poston and SHOOTER13 like this.
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

That's a fine lookin' firearm...
  7. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

That is beautiful!
  8. cupton

cupton .410

Just thought I'd share... I sent the 1911-22 back to Browning to look at some peening I was seeing on the slide stop notch. Some shiny aluminum coming through and a sharp burr you can feel if you rub your finger along the slide. Ive only got a couple hundred rounds though it so I sent it in to see what they will do. I'll let you all know what happens if you're interested.
  9. Toakey

Toakey .22LR

cupton, I bought the 1911-22 Black Label in 2015 and the 1911-380 Black Label Pro this past May. 747 rounds through the 22 and 522 rounds through the 380. I also have seen the shiny aluminum marks around the slide stop notch on the 22 but no burrs. The 380 remains free of any marks/ peens/etc. (For my models the 22 is Aircraft Grade 7075 T6 Alloy [Aluminum] and the 380 is Blackened stainless steel, Matte Black Finish).

I am interested in what Browning does with your gun.
  10. cupton

cupton .410

I will let you know what they say. I sent it in a couple of weeks ago so however long it takes, I don't know. In the meantime I guess I just shoot my little brownings big brothers in 45ACP. I can see my bank account dwindling now as I go to the store to pick up more .45 ammo. I want my .22 back! ;)
  11. cupton

cupton .410

Welp, After checking in with them after not hearing a word as to whether or not they have even received my gun they got back to me and said that they are going to just replace the whole gun with a new one. They are just waiting for a new shipment to come in which should be by the end of the month. I will follow up here with you all when the replacement one comes in.
  12. cupton

cupton .410

UPDATE: They shipped the new pistol last night so it should be at my LGS ready to be picked up tomorrow or Friday depending on when they call me to tell me its in.
  13. cupton

cupton .410

UPDATE: Picked up the replacement and it looks good to go. Not sure when I will get out and shoot it but for now I have a new 1911-22 replaced by Browning under warranty. Now, if only they would of included an extra magazine with the replacement. ;)
  14. pakettle

pakettle .22LR

My new 6/16/20 medallion has 400 rounds through it and already it is showing a little slide stop notch wear,other then that the gun shoots great.

My black label one was replaced by Browning for slide wear,notch wear and the slide never would never lock back after the last round was fired.