BT-99 Shell Ejection

Discussion in 'Browning BT-99 Shotgun' started by mrsr71, Jul 14, 2013.

1. mrsr71

mrsr71 Copper BB

Should a fired shell automatically eject clear of the gun when the gun is opened?
  2. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

If you have an older BT-99, they had an ejector. New BT-99's have an extractor. If you have an older ejector model it could have been altered to simply lift/extract the shell.
  3. mrsr71

mrsr71 Copper BB

Mine is a new model. Can it be modified to eject?
  4. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

That I don't know. Search for a schematic on the internet of an old BT-99 and a new one and see what components in the forend are missing. Or, contact Browning.
  5. tangy003

tangy003 Copper BB

I have a BT 99 that ejects them and while it's nice, I really think it's more of a pain. I reload so I don't want my shells hitting the ground and catching them as they come launching out of the gun is the pain part. I really would rather just pull them out.
  6. blwillson

blwillson Copper BB

Some of this years 99s come with an ejector (guns unlimited was selling them at the grand -- see their web site). I like extractor only.
  7. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

I like my ejectors- largely for novelty though (it is always fun to see new shooter's eyes pop when I shank the shells and catch them in my shooting pouch. It is a useless talent have gotten down to a science). Every now and then, I catch them in my hat (although I am still working on getting that down to precise consistency on that one).

Still, there are times when I do not want to use the ejector function. Like tangy033, I too reload, and hate the thought of my AA's or STS's hitting the ground. Besides that, it is poor etiquette to leave spent shells lying around for someone else to have to pick up. Simply "extracting" is so much easier than having to bend over to retrieve my shells. I just open the breech enough to pull the shells out, just before the ejector hits and pops the shell.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  8. MRCOOPER

MRCOOPER Copper BB

My 99 ejected them and I did not like that so got to looking and their is a rod that goes to the front of the receiver that I took out now it just lifts them. I put the rod in the hole in the back of the stock incase some one else wants it to eject.