Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun Accessories

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by Billythekid, Jun 29, 2015.

1. bonephish

bonephish Copper BB

2. drift

drift Copper BB

Who made it?
  3. drift

drift Copper BB

Any other holsters?
  4. phonman1970

phonman1970 .22LR

Check Black arch holsters!
  5. phonman1970

phonman1970 .22LR

I got some from Alien gear and they are awesome!
  6. phonman1970

phonman1970 .22LR

Check Black Arch Holsters
  7. phonman1970

phonman1970 .22LR

I also just found out Crossbreed Holsters has a fit for them now. Ordering and own for the wife today.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Good to know...
  9. wchancey

wchancey .22LR

Mine came with G10 grips but I like having others just to dress it up sometimes

Attached Files:

10. Ceapea

Ceapea .22LR

I have a Don Hume (I believe! I will check) belt slide holster that I originally bought for my Sig P232. I was very surprised that out of the 35 or so holsters that I have, that holster fit the 1911-380 perfectly! I actually have both a right hand and a left hand version of it. I think that they are $30 on Amazon.
  11. drewzter

drewzter .22LR

Has anyone sourced a replacement or aftermarket recoil spring for this gun yet. I want to try something.
  12. If we knew or could determine the compressed spring rate (say 12 lbs.) then we could simply measure the inside and outside diameters of the stock spring, the length... and then try to find springs for other applications that might work in our pistols.

Love to see a chrome silicone flat spring for it.
  13. drewzter

drewzter .22LR

I ended up calling Browning. They sent me a recoil spring. No charge. I have not experimented with the spring rates, yet.
    Ceapea likes this.
  14. James Woodall

James Woodall Copper BB

I just received my barearmsholsters.com IWB kydex holster for my Black Label Compact Special and it fits and wears great!
  15. Does anyone know if there is a taller front replacement sight available for the 1911-380 ?

Dovetailed, metal, dot sight.

The pistol is accurate but shoots about 3" above point of aim at any distance from 5 yards and out. The pic below was shot from 8 yards.

Sight picture was front and rear sight top and top and then top of front sight placed on center of bulls-eye.

Attached Files:

16. James Woodall

James Woodall Copper BB

Not to my knowledge. You can always cut the top of the rear sight down
  17. Ceapea

Ceapea .22LR

If the sights were the problem, the error (how far impact is from point of aim) would increase as distance is increased. If it is always 3", or close to it, at any distance, the sights are not the problem.
    More like a point of aim issue. Or, how you line up your sights.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  18. James Woodall

James Woodall Copper BB

I was thinking if you take metal off the top edge of the sight, you will have to lower the front of the gun to get the top of the front sight to line up with the top of the rear sight thus lowering the point of impact.
  19. Ceapea

Ceapea .22LR

That would work, but the notch in the rear sight should be lowered proportionally also.
    I recently did just that, as an experiment with a Glock G27 that was shooting high. It worked!

20. Already explained how I lined up the sights. All I can tell you is from 5 yds. out to 15 yds. (have not shot farther than that) it prints 3" high. This is shot off a rest, two different people getting the same result, both of us active pistol and rifle shooters for over 50 years.

The only difference to be seen is the grouping size (the closer..the tighter). There is nothing linear about the POA vs. the POI. happening (whether or not theory says it should). I understand your supposition (that barrel tilt is responsible for the disparity in sight picture vs. point of impact) and IF that were the case then it would most certainly result in even higher hits at greater distances, (all else being equal), I agree.

But, unless others have experienced the same thing...then I am leaning towards the barrel beginning to unlock before the bullet has exited. So...I'd be interested in trying a slightly stronger recoil spring (to correct timing)...except no such thing exists yet.