Who Here Shoots An A-Bolt .22 ?

Discussion in 'Discontinued Browning Models' started by billt, Jan 23, 2016.

1. billt

billt .22LR

This isn't a very good picture of mine. It's a Gold Medallion Grade A-Bolt .22. I bought it back in the 80's new. With CCI Green Tag Ammo it will shoot into a ragged hole at 25 years. The scope is a Leupold Vari-X II 3-9X. I need to take it out and shoot it more. It still shoots the same. The bolt is as smooth as glass. I wish they never discontinued it. All blued steel and Walnut. Zero plastic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Hairtrigger likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Good looking rifle and nice shooting sir !!

They don't build them like that anymore...
  3. legion

legion Copper BB

BROWNING A-BOLT 22LR MEDALLION.jpg my safe queen love it
    billt and SHOOTER13 like this.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

When it's NOT in the safe...what do you use it for !?

Target shooting...Hunting...?!
  5. legion

legion Copper BB

it was inherited from my dad who died of cancer it is mint cond with orig box has sentimental value
    if that answers your question
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

OK then...I was just inquiring what you may use the firearm for.

Pardon me...this IS a forum for open discussion.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2017
  7. Jeff Reynolds

Jeff Reynolds Copper BB

I have one of the original laminated stock models that I really like. It is not in mint condition but I grabbed it when I found it because they are so hard to find. It will shoot CCI Velocitors into 1/2" 5-shot groups at 50 yards and I'm tickled with that. I had a couple other regular medallion models that wouldn't shoot nearly as well. I would love to get a pretty Gold Medallion but the prices are crazy. I also have a 22mag abolt that was refinished professionally in a matte finish. I love that caliber but I think the accuracy is going to prove to be only mediocre (1.5-2" at 100 yards) but I just picked up some federal 50 grain ammo to try.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome Jeff...
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2017