Three Browning A5's Pricing and Info

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Remixer, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Remixer

Remixer Copper BB

I just acquired 3 browning auto 5's,
    Just wondering value , spent some time getting the details of each gun

1 - Japan 12ga, Dated 1981, full choke. Magnum , Vent Rib barrel, No cracks in stock. S# 0--70pz151 Excellent condition

2- Belgium 12ga, Dated 1967, Mod Choke, Standard Weight, Plain barrel, No cracks in stock. S#7M952-- Excellent condition

3 - Belgium 20ga, Dated 1967, Skeet Choke, Vent rib Barrel, No cracks in stock , S#7X12--- Excellent condition.

Any help on pricing these for sale and value would be appreciated. based on blue book and auctions they are all over the place price wise.
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

1. The Magnum Twelve doesn't shoot target loads very reliably-- it wasn't designed to.
    It was designed as a duck gun before notox shot became mandatory. Some say it's OK to shoot steel out of Japanese barrel as long as it's not a full choke. Browning says only shoot steel from barrels with Invector Chokes. To make this gun useful, someone is going to have to have screw-in chokes installed. My guess: $600, $800 if it had a modified barrel.
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

2. Not a collector gun. These sell all the time in the $500 range. Maybe a bit more if it's really nice. I think the choke hurts it a little, but I'm a Skeet shooter.

3. I think we have a winner. Not heavy like the 12 or hard to find ammo for like the 16. Great for hunting or clay games. $800 - $1100.

Good luck.
  4. Remixer

Remixer Copper BB

Thank you for the help,

Just found another barrel for the 20ga, this one Full choke.
    We are still going through all the Misc stuff from this collection.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  5. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

SHOOTER13 likes this.