HERITAGE Rough Rider .22

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by SHOOTER13, Apr 14, 2017.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

I was reading my email on Wednesday and saw an ad from Gander Mountain on a .22lr single action revolver, so I visited Gander on Thursday morning and walked away with a good deal on a Heritage Manufacturing Rough Rider...that is usually priced @ $199.99 on sale for $119.99. Total after Tax and NICS was $132.19.

Came with a coupon that offers the .22 Magnum cylinder for only $29.99. Mailed that away this morning.

So...I took it to the range Thursday after leaving the store and was amazed at how accurate it was right from the box, considering it only had a fixed front blade and rear notch for sights. It's quite a nice little single action revolver for the price...

Introducing: The Rough Rider

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Specifications:

Caliber: .22LR
    Action: Single Action Revolver
    Capacity: 6
    Barrel length: 4.75"
    Frame: Aluminum alloy
    Grips: Cocobolo
    Sights: Open fixed / notch in rear
    Overall length: 10.035"
    Overall weight: 33.4 ozs.
    Mfg. Number: RR22B4
    Rob poston likes this.
  2. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

We sold a ton of those each year for Black Friday. A lot of people dismiss them due to the cost, but they actually are decent little cowboy action revolvers. I have the older brother to it (Kimmel) plated in gold. It was my grandfather's gun.

For this time of year, you got a good deal. Now, go have some fun with it. I know you will.
  3. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

It should also be noted that the Heritage has a safety... one of the few (if not only) revolvers I have seen with one.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Yea...the safety IS a little overkill...but, it's the world we live in anymore.
    Rob poston likes this.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Just finished up cleaning my guns from Range Day Thursday when I heard a thud on the porch...and a delivery truck put it in gear and drive away...

Turns out I finally got the .22 Magnum Cylinder for my new Heritage Rough Rider Revolver...after a 52 day wait.

Guess I gotta go back to the range again today and see where she prints with the CCI .22WMR HP Maxi Mag loads I bought in bulk. [​IMG]