ISO BPS high capacity magazine tube

Discussion in 'Browning BPS Shotgun' started by blackduck, Jul 26, 2016.

1. blackduck

blackduck .22LR

Trying to locate a high capacity mag tube for my BPS. Bought a nib 28 inch barrel with choke tubes to replace my 30 inch fixed choke barrel. When I tried to install it on the gun discovered it was from a high capacity gun that was a two barrel set. Gun had sold with the 20 inch barrel and 28 was seperate sale. I can fab a tube to work but if I can locate a proper that would be great. Any help would be greatly appreciated from myself. TIA
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

3. blackduck

blackduck .22LR

Thanks for the reply. I do need the actual mag tube as the placement of the barrel ring is different on the high capacity gun barrel when compared to the regular field barrel.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

No problem...glad to be of assistance.
  5. c30

c30 Copper BB

Hi did you ever find a magazine tube? I am in the exact same boat. I believe I have the exact same combo as you do. Mine requires a
    14 1/4” end to end magazine tube. I found
    11 1/4” and 15 1/4” on Brownells but cannot find 14 1/4”. Lady I spoke to wasn’t helpful @ all @ Browning but I’m going to try again.
    Worst case is possibly getting the 15 1/4” one and modifying it?
  6. c30

c30 Copper BB

well if it helps anyone in the future , this was a venture lol... I ordered one from Browning and was sent a wrong length, mine is considered a high capacity but I was sent the Tactical high capacity magazine ... so there is approx 4 different lengths... maybe more however it may have worked out nicely! Liking the tactical high capacity tube length and how much cleaner it looked vs the magazine extension setup I previously had I researched on what I can do other than just a pvc pipe etc to lock in the barrel and it turns out with the barrel ring location on my High capacity model the distance from the ring to the. Magazine nut was approx 4.75”. I found that Remington makes a tube adapter for their 870 Tactical model to utilize a sporting barrel. I could not find the actual length anywhere online so being inexpensive enough I took a chance and ordered one and it turns out it was the perfect length! It was about 4.8” long so
    Utilizing this instead of my original magazine tube size and magazine extensions, it makes swapping barrels just as easy as original vs having to remove the magazine extension nut and and spring etc every time I change between my 20” and 28” barrels.... now it’s just the nut and the spacer adapter and easy as original!

Attached Files: